Founded in 1922 by twelve members of the bar, the Lawyers Club of Atlanta has a present membership of approximately 1700. In the years since its founding, our Club has grown from a small coalition of lawyers determined to improve the standards of the legal profession in our community to a highly diverse group who enjoy the privilege of an ethical and professional practice made possible in large part by the ideals of the founders.
The Club was incorporated in 1939 under the name "Lawyers Club of Atlanta, Inc.", with the following stated purposes: "To promote the principles of jurisprudence; support the administration of law and order; be militant in keeping high the honor of the legal profession; and strengthening the fraternal relations of members of the Bar."
Today, the Lawyers Club of Atlanta is a place for attorneys to get away from the billable hour and socialize in a relaxed setting with other colleagues, young and old. We offer the opportunity for members of the legal profession to meet and exchange views, enjoy each other’s company, and to hear interesting and distinguished speakers on a wide array of topics.